- Commandline loading support (BupSystem [Cartridge]).
- Atari 7800 File (*.a78) loading support.
- Binary File (*.bin) loading support.
- Upgraded to JoyFish v0.8.5.3.
- Resources and configuration data now stored relative to BupSystem’s actual location on disk.
- Save state format now includes version tags.
- Filter selections moved into their own popup menu.
- Aspect Ratio choices expanded to Television, Square Pixels, and Stretch to Fit.
- Upgraded to JoyFish v0.8.5.2.
- Screen Saver and Monitor Power Down now disabled while running.
- Several Direct3D 9 performance enhancements for faster texture updates.
- Display surface is now a system component rather than part of Maria’s module.
- Increased BupBoop 1.2.2cz’s patch and music stack depths from four entries to sixteen.
- Difficulty Switch labels now match Atari’s nomenclature : Beginner (Left) and Advanced (Right).
- Difficulty Switches’ positions were implemented… ugh, backwards.
- Moved Maria’s DMA setup and first DLL fetch back to the first active line.
- Maria now uses a fixed render abort offset whether or not the current line is the last of a display region.
- Maria’s DMA shutdown procedure is now allowed to overflow into the next scanline.
- Automatic input configuration support.
- Upgraded to JoyFish v0.8.5.1.
- Input dialog now highlights each button’s mapping field when pressed or reassigning.
- Maria’s line counters and MSTAT now update at the end of DMA rather than at the end of a scanline.
- Moved Maria’s DMA setup and first DLL fetch to the last line of VBL rather than prefixing the first active line.
- List of detected joysticks now displayed after a manual rescan.
- XInput support.
- Maria’s Display Lists now terminated by (0 == (DL_PW & $5F)) rather than (0 == DL_PW).
- Joystick auto rescanning would never trigger from a cold start if multiple joysticks were connected.
- Joystick auto rescan interval reduced from four to two seconds.
- BIOS support and BIOS section in HTML Help.
- Preliminary support for the system control register.
- Mouse cursor autohiding in Full Screen Mode.
- Entries in the Troubleshooting section pertaining to accuracy.
- TIA now has collision register read residue instead of open bus.
- Split Sally’s emulation into fetch and execute phases to fudge timing a little better.
- Maria’s NTSC and PAL menu listings now include their respective frequencies.
- Light Pen and Light Gun input using the mouse.
- EXRAM/A8 support for 32K cartridges.
- Small (320x240) and Large (960x720) window size presets.
- Improved Direct3D 9 recovery upon device loss or internal driver error.
- Maria’s Triple Bandwidth Mode wasn’t indicating whether or not it was enabled.
- Improved performance by merging the active display
and overscan buffers.
- Renamed NTSC Aspect Ratio to TV Aspect Ratio.
- Optional support for Pontus Oldberg’s XBoard.
- Troubleshooting section in HTML Help.
- Reworked Maria’s DMA timing to better match hardware sprite
- Cartridges can now respond to reads and writes throughout the
entire address range.
- Window placement is no longer discarded when entering or
exiting full screen mode.
- Save State format reworked for improved file verification
- Pokey support for 32K and SUPER mappers.
- Left and Right Trigger inputs now merged in single button mode,
this can be optionally disabled.
- Maria’s linebuffers now only swap and clear when rendering is
enabled at the start of a scanline.
- TIA’s audio output reduced to (2/3) of its original amplitude
to prevent clipping.
- Upgraded to BupBoop 1.2.1cz.
- Cycle-based audio pusher, sample playback is now supported.
- Overscan on the left and right sides of the screen in NTSC
Aspect Ratio were swapped.
- Builds now optimized for speed rather than just using the default
- Maria graphic fetches only wrap within a page in character mode,
direct reads perform a full address increment.
- Open bus reads now return the last driven state on the first read,
subsequent reads are logically OR'd with $1B.
- Open bus behavior (reads return the last driven state).
- Sally undocumented instructions.
- Sally slow cycle penalties when accessing TIA or RIOT.
- History section in HTML Help.
- Maria is now allowed to read herself.
- Maria now waits 32 clocks (@7.16MHz) into a scanline before taking
the bus from Sally.
- TIA and RIOT mirroring were way off.
- RIOT’s prescaler was running one extra tick upon reset.